This seminar will cover all aspects of gas turbines and co-generation plants. Components such as compressors, combustors, gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, lubricating systems, instrumentation, control systems, transformers and generators will be discussed in detail. The design, selection considerations, operation, maintenance, pay-back period, economics of gas turbines and co-generation plants, as well as, emission limits, reliability, monitoring and governing systems are also covered. Updated information in respect to all the significant improvements that have been made to gas turbines and co-generation plants during the last two decades will also be provided. This seminar will illustrate through sophisticated computer simulation how gas turbines and co-generation plants perform under steady-state and transient conditions. In addition, the participants will learn how to use a computer simulation program which provides the following benefits:
1. Allow the operator to extend the gas turbine operating period by avoiding unnecessary outages and maintenance activities.
2. Determination of essential gas turbine maintenance activities to reduce the duration of outages.
3. Profit optimization of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
4. Minimization of the environmental emissions of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
* Engineers of all disciplines
* Maintenance personnel
* Other technical individuals
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
1. Computer Simulation of Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants: Gain a thorough understanding of computer simulation of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
2. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Components and Systems : Learn about all components and subsystems of the various types of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
3. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Economics: Examine the advantages, applications, performance and economics of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
4. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plant Equipment: Learn about various gas turbine and co-generation plant equipment including: compressors, combustors, turbines, governing systems, heat recovery steam generators, transformers, generators and auxiliaries.
5. Gas Turbine and Co-generation Plant Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for gas turbines, co-generationplants, transformers and generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability and longevity.
6. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions from gas turbines and co-generation plants.
7. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of gas turbines and cogeneration plants.
8. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of gas turbine and cogeneration plants predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing.
9. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
10. Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants: Learn about the reliability, life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment and life extension methods for all types of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
A. Steam Generators, Turbines and Co-Generation Plants
1. Review of Thermodynamics Principles
2. Steam Generators
3. Efficiency and Heat Rates
4. Co-generation Plants
5. Arrangement of Co-generation plants
6. Economics of Co-generation Plants
7. The Steam Drum
8. Superheaters and Reheaters
9. Once-Through Boilers
12. The Stack
13. Steam Generator Control
14. Feedwater and Drum-Level Control
15. Steam-Pressure Control
16. Steam-Temperature Control
17. Turbine components
18. Rotating and Stationary blades
19. Thrust bearings
20. Labyrinth seals
21. Turbine controls
22. Testing of Turbine blades
23. Quality Assurance of Turbine Generator Components
24. Assembly and testing of turbine components
B. Gas Turbines, Turbine Governing Systems, Compressor Stall and Surge
1. Turbine Control Systems
2. Steam Generators, Heat Exchangers and Condensers
3. Power Station Performance Monitoring
4. The Turbine Governing Systems
5. Turbine Protective Devices
6. Turbine Instrumentation
7. Lubrication Systems
8. Gland Sealing System
9. Frequently Asked Questions about Turbine-Generator Balancing, Vibration
10. Analysis and Maintenance
11. Gas Turbine Fundamentals
12. Overview of Gas Turbines
13. Gas Turbine Design
14. Gas Turbine Calculations
15. Gas Turbine Applications in Power Stations, Gas Turbine Protective Systems and Tests
16. Gas Turbine Compressors
17. Dynamic Compressors Technology
18. Compressors Auxiliaries, Off-Design Performance, Stall and Surge
19. Centrifugal Compressors – Components, Performance Characteristics, Balancing, Surge Prevention Systems and Testing
20. Dynamic Compressors Performance
21. Compressor Seal Systems
22. Dry Seals, Advanced Sealing Mechanisms and Magnetic Bearings
C. Gas Turbine Components and Auxiliaries and Computer Simulation of Gas Turbines
1. Gas Turbine Combustors
2. Axial-Flow Turbines
3. Gas Turbine Materials
4. Gas Turbine Lubrication and Fuel Systems
5. Gas Turbine Bearing and Seals
6. Gas Turbine Instrumentation and Control Systems
7. Gas Turbine Performance Characteristics
8. Gas Turbine Operating and Maintenance Considerations
9. Gas Turbine Emission Guidelines and Control Systems
10. Effects of ambient temperature and pressure on gas turbine performance
11. Simulation of effects of component deterioration on engine performance
12. Power Augmentation
13. Simulation of engine control system performance
14. Profits, Revenue and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
15. Non-Dimensional Analysis
16. Computer Simulation Applications
17. Computer Simulation of Gas Turbines and Combined Cycles – Exercises and Solutions
D. Co-generation Plants and Power Enhancement Options
1. Absorption Chillers
2. Selection of The Best Power Enhancement Option for Co-generation plants
3. Applications of Co-generation Plants
4. Selection Considerations of Co-generation Plants
5. Co-generation Application Considerations
6. University of Toronto Central Steam, Co-generation and District Heating Plant
7. Economics of Combined Cycles Co-generation Plants
E. Transformers and Generators
1. Fundamentals of Electric Systems
2. Introduction to Machinery Principles
4. Transformers Components and Maintenance
5. AC Machine Fundamentals
6. Synchronous Generators
7. Generator Components, Auxiliaries and Excitation
8. Generator Testing, Inspection and Maintenance
9. Multiple-Choice Questions
* Case Study
Instructor by: Cecep Slamet Abadi