The programme shows you how to plan and organise efficiently, develop confident communication skills and proactively contribute to the successful achievement of the organisations goals.
* Develop skills and make a greater contribution to your team.
* Become more proactive.
* Communicate confidently and effectively with your manager, colleagues and other departments.
* Deal with the difficulties and pressures of working for more than one person.
* Plan, organise and manage your time more effectively.
* Apply top tips for writing emails and letters.
1. Supporting Your Manager/Department/Team
* How you and your manager can work together to build a team
* Balancing the demands of more than one manager
* Building a successful working relationship with your manager and team members
* Prioritising your workload, being flexible when priorities change
2. Communicating Confidently and Positively
* Communicating face-to-face with confidence
* Projecting a confident and professional image
* Effective listening skills
3. Organisation and Time Management
* Establishing effective procedures – organising diaries and follow up
* Managing your own and your managers time organisation and planning techniques that get you in control
* Organising meetings – key tips
* Saving time using email
4. Writing Clearly and Concisely
* Writing on behalf of others
* Avoiding common mistakes
* Planning and writing emails
5. Communicating Effectively through Assertiveness
* Effective listening and questioning skills
* Building rapport in face-to-face communication
* Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
* Saying no without feeling guilty
6. Personal Development
* Accepting new responsibilities and challenges with confidence
* An action plan to implement and monitor your development